These are a few of my first ideas...
EARTH (baking, cooking, fire) - a meal cooked and served inside one of the old colonial-era kilns on the Niagara Escarpment near my parents' house
- below grade, embedded into escarpment - in tall cylindrical volume made of bricks, open to air above
- clay-cooking, need hammer to break open vessels after cooked.
- potery vessels to eat from
- root vegetables
- candle lighting
ENERGY (fuel, sunlight) - a meal cooked on the hood of a car on a hot summer day
- in parking lot by the beach
- no shade around - people to endure heat of sun (either fry themselves or put on protection)
- eggs, bacon, tea, etc.
CONSUMPTION (biting, chewing, swallowing)
- eating typical meal, but with rhythm in background - each minor beat signifying a chew (25-50 times per mouthful) and each major beat signifying a bite
- awareness of one's own chewing rhythm, one's lack of appropriate disintegration of food prior to swallowing, comparative speeds of eating
TRAVEL DISTANCE (curiosities)
- meal with dishes of food located at separate tables at distances away from dining table in accordance to relative distance of source of the ingredients.
- people have to get up from table to get food - how far will they go?
- what role does convenience take?
- what role does curiousity take?