Thursday, March 12, 2009

08/11/13: Willowcakes and Pastries

It wasn't a particularly cold day, but it was grey and dreary and raining just enough to keep the regular dog-walkers inside for the morning. It was the type of day that made me especially grateful for a roof over my head, dry socks on my feet and a warm cup of coffee to wrap my hands around - a day to savour being indoors, looking out.

With that in mind, and with a book under my arm, I set out to enjoy a morning inside at a local bakery/coffee shop. Niagara has quite an assortment of coffee shops - elitist spa-like cafes, greasy spoon diners, and everything inbetween. Willow Cakes and Pastries had become a favourite because of its array of homemade baked goods and coffees and its quaint seating area - only a handful of tables and chairs by the windows - but most of all, because of the window at the end of the counter that allowed me to peer into the back kitchen and watch the pastry masters practicing their craft . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment