Thursday, March 26, 2009

09/03/26: To savour this playlist

All of the songs on my thesis soundtrack could be considered as 'local' - depending on how you interpret that word. Though they vary stylistically, all songs were sung by Canadian artists, and were written and/or recorded in Canada.

The first track I see as a sort of introduction to my motif - whimsical, creative and, much like my cooking endeavours, all about taking chances. Tracks 2 - 9 reflect the moods I associate with each of the "cooking" scenarios detailed in my Motif Structure. The following two tracks I'd originally intended to reflect the mood of the potluck dinner party - though I've now changed that part of my thesis structure. Perhaps I'll still be able to use these songs as the intro and conclusion to my thesis defence . . . just a thought! The final track is essentially the music playing during the "final credits" (aka. annotated bibliography).
  1. Chances, by Jill Barber
  2. I Can Do Better, by Pat Robitaille
  3. Love This Town, by Joel Plaskett
  4. Peel Me A Grape, by Diana Krall
  5. Sweet City Woman, by Stampeders
  6. Never Quit Loving You, by Jill Barber
  7. Wheat Kings, by The Tragically Hip
  8. Hello City, by Barenaked Ladies
  9. Taking Care Of Business, by Bachman Turner Overdrive
  10. Dance Me To The End Of Love, by Leonard Cohen
  11. Until We Meet Again, by Pat Robitaille
  12. In My Life, by Chantal Kreviazuk

No comments:

Post a Comment